All courses are temporarily suspended due to the Coronavirus. Please check back regularly for updates.
Prerequisite: Tower Crane Safety & Inspection, equivalent training or experience, or with Morrow Equipment consent. Please contact the Morrow Training Center at (503) 585-5721 Ext. 0110 if you are interested in a discounted rate for a combination Tower Crane Safety & Inspection, Hoist Safety & Inspection, and Tower Crane Technician 2-week course.
A 4.5 -day advanced course in tower crane service intended for dedicated service personnel with advanced knowledge of tower crane mechanical and electrical system troubleshooting and repair. The course combines theory and practice using audiovisual presentations with hands-on training utilizing fully functional crane components.
- Tower crane classifications
- Configuration and applications
- Electrical power supply and grounding
- Erection/dismantlement procedures review
- Structural bolting installation & inspection
- Top climbing/bottom climbing procedures review
- Climbing support and anchorage
- Tower crane drive systems
- Load testing and movement limits
- Overload safety systems
- Counterweights and test weights
- Tower crane electrical schematic basics
- Basic Fault tracing
- Crane controls and functions
- Work Area Limitation Systems
- Safety and accident prevention
- General inspection and maintenance
- Applicable safety standards and regulations
Exclusive classes of 4 or more students are available upon request. For additional information and possible dates, please contact the Training Center at 503-585-5721 Ext. 0110 or email email@example.com