ENGINEERING JOB OPPORTUNITIES
MORROW CAD TECHNICIAN
We are seeking a CAD Technician to join our team! This opening will be based out of our Houston, TX office. The CAD Technician will be responsible for overall execution of assigned projects, supporting activities for the project such as being the Engineering focal point for customer interface, project planning, interfacing with clients; contractors; engineering consultants; Morrow’s Engineers; and other affected parties to ensure compliance with customer requirements and project goals, including meeting all engineering criteria for the scope of the work and all engineering obligations of the contract.
MORROW CAD TECHNICIAN JOB DUTIES:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The fundamental duties of this job include the following:
- Work to meet major milestone events and support activities within Morrow required for customer contractual compliance. Develop, communicate and execute the plan within our organization to prepare and issue equipment application drawings and specifications.
- Work to meet cost targets and budgets pertaining to assigned projects in conjunction with other Department Managers. Establish appropriate planning and controls to meet performance, budgets and schedules.
- Monitor assigned projects to ensure compliance with customer requirements; summarize and communicate areas of potential impact to customer and contractual agreements; identify and communicate corrective action plans.
- Identify and manage project risk and changes in project scope.
- Focus on problem areas or opportunities for improvement and communicate same with recommended corrective actions to the appropriate parties.
- Meet performance management metrics – on time delivery, schedule and budget adherence, change and risk management. Be prepared to present project status to management as required.
- Ensure projects are safe and environmentally compliant, conforming to applicable safety standards.
In addition to possessing the technical skills relevant to construction hoist and tower crane applications, the CAD Technician must demonstrate professional leadership and communication skills, maintaining an effective liaison with the customer and affected departments. The CAD Technician recommends and coordinates the activities required to effectively execute the project, leading Clients; Contractors; Engineering Consultants; Morrow Engineers and Technicians through equipment optimum configuration and tie-ins to structures; providing an economical and safe application for the construction industry.
The skills and abilities required in this position include the following:
- 2-4 years CAD experience in the construction hoist and tower crane industry and/or other heavy lifting equipment industry fields.
- Must be competent in MS Office Suite including Word and Excel, as well as other software including MathCAD, Filemaker, Microstation.
- Experience in design and development related to heavy structural steel work and foundation designs for tower cranes.
- Must have a AA degree in civil/structural or mechanical discipline.
- Strong technical and analytical capability with proven problem solving and project management skills is required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be enthusiastic about interacting on a global level.
- Well developed leadership skills and the ability to work well with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must have knowledge of foundations including experience with spread footings, piles, caisson and rock anchors.
Morrow provides regular full-time employees with a comprehensive variety of employee benefits provided they meet the eligibility requirements for the benefit. They are designed to assist you and your eligible dependents in meeting the financial burdens that can result from illness, disability and death, to help you plan financially for retirement and enhance your job-related skills.
Listed below are just some of the benefits Morrow offers to eligible employees each year:
- Platinum level Health Care / Hospitalization
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with company contributions
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations
- Paid PTO (personal time off and sick leave)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Employee’s Birthday
- Paid Funeral (Bereavement) Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Length of Service Awards
- Annual Christmas Luncheon
- Education Assistance
- Social Security Insurance
- Unemployment Compensation Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance