Morrow is seeking a NCCCO program Training Instructor.
Since our founding in 1968, Morrow Equipment Company has focused only on tower cranes and personnel/material hoists. Morrow maintains both the largest fleet of tower cranes and personnel/material hoists in North America with a combined fleet of more than 750 units, evidence of Morrow’s commitment to the construction industry. Our technical training services are a key component of our complete range of innovative and responsive technical services offered by our Company in addition to sales, service, parts, quality assurance, safety, equipment certification, field maintenance, and engineering. With highly-skilled personnel at full-service facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand, Morrow is able to offer prompt attention to our customers’ specific lifting needs. Morrow maintains the exclusive Liebherr tower crane distributorship for each of these countries with over 46 years of experience working with tower cranes and personnel/material hoists. This fact has made Morrow one of the most successful companies in the tower crane industry.
Employees and customers participate year round in a variety of comprehensive certification training programs facilitated from our Corporate Training Center located on Morrow Equipment Company’s Corporate Headquarters campus in Salem, Oregon. Having a fully functional tower crane and rigging center on site ensures that participants gain a complete understanding of equipment technology by means of actual hands-on experience. The training center classrooms and labs are equipped with actual tower crane control systems.
Morrow is seeking candidates for our NCCCO program Training Instructor role who have a genuine passion for teaching the proper methods used in tower , rigging and signal person applications while ensuring that all established quality and safety standards are being met. This is a high impact role requiring a strong, decisive, results-oriented leader who can develop, coach, and manage relationships across the Company and externally with a wide variety of partners based on trust, teamwork, and knowledge. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, experience and/or abilities required.
Morrow Equipment Company offers a fast-paced collaborative environment where each person directly contributes to the Company’s success. If you are interested in joining the team that is the recognized leader in the lifting equipment industry and you are committed to working in a safe manner while providing a high level of performance and customer service Morrow Equipment Company, L.L.C. would like to encourage you to submit your detailed resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or to confidential fax #503-361-3092. Morrow Equipment Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a Trainer in the lifting industry with certification credentials and background required. Tower crane training experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and ASME standards as applicable to crane operations, maintenance, erection, climbing, safety and inspection of tower cranes, wire rope and crane components, and State and federal certification requirements.
- Basic electrical knowledge desirable.
- Prior experience and working knowledge of the NCCCO tower crane, rigger and signal person certification programs required. Experience as a crane examiner is desirable.
- High computer literacy; working knowledge and experience with a range of training software packages and applications as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Extensive experience designing, developing, and delivering instructional programs of a technical nature ensuring that training needs are identified and met in a timely, cost effective, and innovative manner.
- Experience utilizing adult learning concepts, state-of-the-art training techniques and current trends in learning, training and personnel development.
- Ongoing commitment to maintaining a working knowledge of tower crane products as required supporting present and future business goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to work safely and effectively at heights when required.
- Ability to conduct training needs assessments, design and develop technical course curriculums/instructional plans, deliver training, evaluate training programs for effectiveness and consult on a broad array of technical learning and development issues as required.
- Strong business acumen, professional demeanor; decisive with highly versatile interpersonal, written, presentation, technical and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, relationship management, vendor management, and project management skills are essential. Self-motivated, detail oriented.
- Responsible to assist with the oversight, implementation and facilitation of training activities and events, training material production and distribution, and other Corporate Training Center expenditures to ensure that training operations are managed within authorized budgets.
- Work effectively and collaboratively across functions as a team player to seamlessly help achieve common goals. Ability to operate efficiently as an individual contributor, team member and team leader.
- “Model the way” by personally maintaining the standards of excellence, ownership and commitment required to comply with all training initiative requirements.
- Unquestionable business and personal integrity.
- Must have current Driver’s License and acceptable driving record to facilitate business travel as necessary. Business travel requirements will be minimal.
- Must be willing to relocate to the Salem area and live a commutable distance (within 50-mile radius) of Morrow’s Corporate Training Center located in Salem, Oregon.
Morrow provides regular full-time employees with a comprehensive variety of employee benefits provided they meet the eligibility requirements for the benefit. They are designed to assist you and your eligible dependents in meeting the financial burdens that can result from illness, disability and death, to help you plan financially for retirement and enhance your job-related skills.
Listed below are just some of the benefits Morrow offers to eligible employees each year:
- Annual Christmas Luncheon
- Education Assistance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Employee’s Birthday
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Funeral (Bereavement) Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Dental Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Health Care / Hospitalization Insurance
- Length of Service Awards
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Social Security Insurance
- Unemployment Compensation Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan